Saturday, April 26, 2014

Lily Allen - Sheezus


I really haven't been too keen on Lily Allen's recent string of singles.  Don't get me wrong, I think her first two albums are fantastic, but the new material just missed the mark.  It's hard to be enthusiastic about an artist's new song when the artist herself admits that the track is rubbish.  With that said, Lily's new single, "Sheezus", is very interesting.

The chorus is a bizarre name dropping moment that actually had me saying, "Whaaaaaat, no way!" the first time I heard it.  Rihanna, Katy Perry, Beyoncé, Lorde, and Gaga are all mentioned, but it's not a diss track.  The entire thing is pretty ridiculous, yet it actually has me anticipating the full album.  Check out the equally intriguing music video, featuring what looks like some M.I.A. inspired art direction, below.


Sheezus is out in the US on May 6.  You can pre-order a copy here.

No comments:

Post a Comment