Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Taylor Swift - Safe & Sound (Feat. The Civil Wars)


If you follow me on twitter, then you might have seen my recent rantings about The Hunger Games.  Over the past few months, I've heard nothing but amazing things about the book trilogy.  After being relentlessly urged to check out the series, my curiosity peaked.  The movie trailers are what finally convinced me to see what all the fuss was about.

About a week before the film's opening weekend, I sat down and gave it a shot.  Let's just say that I'm now on book two, Catching Fire.  Anyways, I went to a packed theatre last Sunday and saw the movie with high hopes.  It lived up to the hype.  During the credits of the film, a few songs from the compilation soundtrack are heard.  As I'm reading the various credits, (fun fact: the "food stylist's" name was Jack White), this stunning folksy track starts playing.  Ever since that day, I can't get it out of my head.

The song is "Safe & Sound" by Taylor Swift, and it features The Civil Wars.  Not only is it completely perfect for the film, but it also has such a beautiful melody.  I believe it may be some of Taylor Swift's best work yet.  That's probably because it isn't her usual pop-country breakup single.  The Civil Wars are the finishing touch on the song by adding some supporting vocals that really make such a difference.  You can check out the music video for "Safe & Sound" below.


Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get back to reading.  Feel free to discuss the books, film, and soundtrack in the comment section.  Remember, no spoilers!

No comments:

Post a Comment