Saturday, June 1, 2013

Icona Pop - Girlfriend


Icona Pop have a new single and it's pretty spectacular in that Swedish dance music kind of way.  "Girlfriend" is the follow-up to their Charli XCX collaboration, "I Love It".  The new song won't be sent out as a single in the US quite yet, since "I Love It" is still dominating the charts, but it will be released internationally.  Europe always seems to be ahead of the States when it comes to dance music.

"Girlfriend" apparently features a Tupac sample from his 1996 track "Me And My Girlfriend", which I was completely oblivious to before reading comments below the song stream.  Let's just say that's a musical blind spot for me.  Anyways, the song perfectly matches the vibe of their Iconic EP and gives a preview of the duo's full length debut, which is due later this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment