Friday, August 2, 2013

Friday I'm In Love - 2/8/13

Friday I'm In Love is a weekly feature.
Includes highlights of what I loved over the past week.
Week = Friday to Friday.
May include things of a non-musical variety.

1. Lady Gaga's "Applause" artwork


"Applause" is the first single from Gaga's upcoming album, ARTPOP. Earlier this week she tweeted out the artwork to go along with the highly anticipated song, which is due on August 19.  It's a completely different direction from her Born This Way image, which sat on the edge of tacky at times.  I'm officially ready for whatever she has planned.

2. The Virgin Mobile FreeFest line-up


Last year's Virgin Mobile FreeFest was beyond incredible, featuring a variety of artists such as M83, Santigold, Alabama Shakes, and Zedd. This year looks equally stunning, with Vampire Weekend, Icona Pop, and Sky Ferreira joining the line-up.  Tickets go "on sale" August 9 and the festival takes place on September 21.  I'll see you there.

3. Andy Warhol's Brillo Box Pouf by Quinze & Milan


I was lucky enough to be selected to receive an Andy Warhol Brillo Box Pouf created by Quinze & Milan in collaboration with The Andy Warhol Foundation and Fab.  Honestly, it's the most amazing thing ever.  I never knew how much my life needed an oversized Brillo Box until now.  The screen-printed box can technically be used as a chair or table if you wish, but I'll just be hugging displaying it proudly.

4. The Wolverine


The Wolverine has been out for a little while now, but I just got around to seeing it on Wednesday.  Despite the somewhat underwhelming box office performance, I think it's quite possibly the best Marvel film to date.  James Mangold did such a great job when it comes to capturing the essence of the comics.  Hugh Jackman doesn't just play the character, he is Wolverine. The climax towards the end of the film leans on the cheesy side a little more than desired, but it still manages to surpass every other X-related film.  Go see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment