Friday, July 26, 2013

Friday I'm In Love - 26/7/13

Friday I'm In Love is a weekly feature.
Includes highlights of what I loved over the past week.
Week = Friday to Friday.
May include things of a non-musical variety.

"Falling In Love" by 2NE1


I tend to watch Korean television every so often and the best time to tune in is when the channel plays a block of K-Pop videos.  K-Pop videos are almost guaranteed to be more spectacular in every sense when compared to your average American pop video.  2NE1's latest video for "Falling In Love" has actually been out for a few weeks, but I'm still hooked on the song.  It's amazing.  I just wish Spotify would add it to their library so I could play it on repeat.

Pre-"Licensed To Ill" Beastie Boys


I'm not the biggest expert on anything Beastie Boys related, but as I was browsing tumblr the other day, I learned that the Beastie Boys used to play hardcore punk before their rap-rock career took off.  Naturally, I had to take a listen.  It proved to be highly enjoyable.  If you're interested in checking it out, their early material has been collected on the '94 compilation album, Some Old Bullshit.

The new self-titled album from Edward Sharpe And The Magnetic Zeros


This album release seemed to come out of nowhere.  The date had been announced long ago and there was a pre-release stream, but I still almost managed to let it slip by.  I guess that means I'm falling behind on my music calendar.  Edward Sharpe And The Magnetic Zeros have always been consistent through each of their records and this self-titled album reminds me of their debut wonder.  There's also a somewhat hard to describe new sound that the band seems to be dabbling in.  I highly recommend you go check it out.  If only one could join the always growing line-up of The Magnetic Zeros for just a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment