Friday, September 11, 2009

New Playlist

Once again, it's time for another one of my awesome music playlists. In case you didn't see my last few, two to be exact, this is basically just a list of music I'm listening to. But now, I have an official poster for it (look to the left)! Some of it might be new and some may be old. No restrictions at all. Maybe you should try listening to some of it, or all of it. Previous playlists have included artists such as The Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Paramore, All Time Low, Bon Iver, Regina Spektor, and the list could go on and on forever. Anyway, that's enough explaining, here's the awesome music playlist.

The Clash - The Singles

Here's an album I picked up about a week ago. It's a compilation album of the Clash's singles. From hits such as London Calling and Rock The Casbah to some songs I had never heard (Hitsville U.K.?). The CD ranges from the punk side to the poppy side of the band. I'm really enjoying White Riot and Clash City Rockers. The album even came in an eco-friendly case, if you care about that sorta thing...

Imogen Heap - Ellipse

I've already been praising this album. If you read my review, you'll know this by now. I'm still listening to it every day. I've found that Tidal and Between Sheets have become some of my favorites on the disc. The thing that really catches my attention is all of the layers in every song. It takes several listens to catch every sound.

Now that I have the albums out of the way, here's some singles...

Yeah Yeah Yeah's - Heads Will Roll
Almost as awesome as Zero. Strange lyrics, though ("Off with your head - Dance 'till you're dead").

IAMX - My Secret Friend (feat. Imogen Heap)
If you enjoyed the Imogen Heap album, then you should check out this song. It's off of IAMX's album Kingdom Of Welcome Addiction. It's a cool song with an awesome beat. Plus, it's featuring Imogen. There's kind of an eerie feeling to it, but in a good way...

She And Him - Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want
This song is from the (500) Days Of Summer soundtrack. I honestly have never seen the movie and have no idea what the movie is about, but the song is good. It's really short and simple. She And Him is a duo made up of actress Zooey Deschanel and musician M. Ward. The song is actually a cover of The Smiths song by the same title.

...and that wraps up another awesome music playlist. Hopefully, you'll like some of the stuff I listed. It's a fairly varied list. It has some punk, electronic, alternative, and uh... whatever She And Him is considered (Maybe indie pop, leave a comment if you know).

No comments:

Post a Comment