Saturday, September 12, 2009

Rodrigo y Gabriela - Hanuman

Today I'm going to review something that's a little different than my usual stuff. Rodrigo y Gabriela is a duo from Mexico City. As the name states, the members are Rodrigo Sánchez and Gabriela Quintero. They play fast paced Latin music on two classical guitars. Rodrigo is usually the soloist while Gabriela plays rhythm. I had never listened to their music before Hanuman. The song is off of their new album, 11:11, which was released last Tuesday. Hanuman is exciting and catchy. The rhythm guitar supplies a steady beat while the other guitar provides a melody. The song is really something different than what I usually hear in the genre. World music can be kind of boring at times, especially flamenco and salsa. This song fits into each of those genres, but it's exciting. It has a great vibe and you can dance to it if you want. If you need some Latin culture in your music library, but don't want a mariachi band, then download Hanuma. I haven't listened to 11:11 yet, I'll try to when I get a chance. If it's good I'll let you know in my next music playlist.

No comments:

Post a Comment