Monday, September 14, 2009

MTV's Video Music Awards

Ok, I had to write something about this, it was just too crazy to ignore. The VMA's have always been a huge event for the media. They tend to bring controversy. From Madonna to Britney Spears, it's never boring. This year was no different. If you missed it (like I did, I had to watch the second showing) then here's a little recap on the craziness of it all. I'll also give a couple comments on the subject. I was a little prepared for it, seeing as I knew some of the major events already, but I was still shocked by parts. Brace yourself...

1. Kayne West's Attack On Taylor Swift's Speech

I had heard about this a couple minutes before I watched the repeat. Here's what happened. Kanye West stormed on to the stage after Taylor Swift beat Beyoncé for Best Female Video. He then expressed how upset he was that Beyoncé didn't win. Wow. I knew he had a massive ego and was crazy stupid, but wow.

2. Lady GaGa's Act

This is just about her in general. I always knew she was weird, but I thought it was just a quirky eccentric weird. From the costumes to the "performance" she did, I'm still in shock. First she's wearing a neck brace, then it's a full body red leotard/gown complete with crown structure, then she has a straw basket on her head. To top it off, her performance of "Paparazzi" was filled with chandeliers, wheelchairs, and fake blood... lots of fake blood. She wound up hanging herself in the end. Yeah, that could probably offend a couple of people.

3. Lil' Mama

Why hasn't she disappeared yet? The finale performance of Jay-Z and Alicia Keys was going perfectly, until she came. The singer known for her "poppin" song Lip Gloss and an Avril Lavigne remix did a "Kanye West" and jumped onto the stage. She then proceeds to fold her arms and bob her head. She topped it all off by frantically dancing around the stage. What?!? Why couldn't she just be satisfied with being invited there in the first place? I'm sorry, but if that isn't begging for attention then I don't know what is.

All of the chaos overshadowed the true entertainment. Green Day and Muse's performances were great, but I don't think many people will remember them. It's kind of sad really, that someone as stupid as Kanye West can become that famous. I think the lesson we all learned from this is that MTV needs to hire more security...

No comments:

Post a Comment