Saturday, October 16, 2010

Mr. Dream - Learn The Language

I've featured the Brooklyn post-punk band, Mr. Dream, several times before.  The raw sound of their No Girls Allowed EP quickly caught my attention.  The band immediately became one of my favorite new acts when I found myself listening to them on repeat.  When I received news of another single from them, I couldn't wait to see what they had done.  "Learn The Language" mostly sticks to Mr. Dream's previous sound, but there are a few noticeable changes in the formula.  They manage to mix up the sound just enough to turn a few heads.

The rough out of control vocals of "Knuckle Sandwich" are missing from this song.  Instead, "Learn The Language" has a tight melody and a big hook of, "Heaven is just a zip code".  It's a little less punk and a little more hard rock, but it's all good.

Mr. Dream is currently working on their full length album, Never Elaborate.  While there isn't a final release date for the record, we can hope that it's released soon.  You can download "Learn The Language", via Stereogum, here.  You can also check out the band's Myspace for a stream of some previous singles.  If you like punk inspired low-fi music filled with buzzing distortion, I suggest you download "Learn The Language".

No comments:

Post a Comment