Sunday, May 5, 2013

Janelle Monáe - Q.U.E.E.N. (Feat. Erykah Badu)


I wasn't sure what to make of "Q.U.E.E.N." when it came out a few weeks ago.  The single landed outside of Janelle Monáe's usual ArchAndroid concept that she'd been using quite literally for several years now.  I think a part of me wanted the grand announcement of "Suite IV", simply because I loved her past two albums so much.  It wasn't until I watched the music video for "Q.U.E.E.N." that I really started to get into the song.  Everything about it, from Erykah Badu to the black and white art direction, is amazing.  Check out the stellar "Q.U.E.E.N." with Erykah Badu below...



Janelle Monáe's upcoming album, The Electric Lady, is scheduled for later this year.  In the meantime, "Q.U.E.E.N." is currently available to download.

No comments:

Post a Comment