Saturday, December 5, 2009

Playlist - Flyleaf, Phoenix, and more

It's been a long time since I've done one of these. If I remember correctly, the last one was all the way back in September. As I promised, another Grammy post is coming, just a little later.

Flyleaf - Memento Mori

I picked up this album on its release day, so I've had some time to listen to it. I bought the deluxe edition which came with a second CD of songs. Definitely get the two-disc version. A very good album, and very different from their debut. The stand out song for me is "Swept Away". It's completely different from anything they've ever done. The intro has full on screaming and the verses are half spoken half sung.

La Roux - Bulletproof

I wrote a post about La Roux here. Catchy dance-pop music pretty much sums it up. I predict they'll be a hit in the States as well as the UK, in which they are already popular.

Phoenix - 1901

Ever since the commercial with this song started coming on, I've been listening to this over and over. This is my first song from them. I felt that they should have been nominated for the Best New Artist Grammy. Oh well...

Tegan and Sara - Hell

If you look at the column to the right of this post, you'll see that I'm playing this on my guitar. I find that every time I play, I play this song first. It's awesomely catchy and upbeat. It should be a hit on Alternative Rock radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment