Thursday, November 19, 2009

La Roux

Here's one of my latest finds. La Roux is an English electropop duo led by singer Elly Jackson. English pop music has always different greatly from American pop, but I'll take La Roux over Lady GaGa any day. Their music reminds me of the 80's. They sound similar to Depeche Mode, Eurythmics, and maybe even Prince. The music consists of incredibly catchy beats and synths, while Jackson sings even catchier melodies. I've listened to three of their songs, Tigerlily, Bulletproof, and a remix of In For The Kill. Tigerlily is my favorite of the three, with Bulletproof as a close second. While I've never heard the original version of In For The Kill, the remix (Heartbreak Remix) is a little to long for my liking. I could definitely see Bulletproof becoming a Top 40 hit. I'm actually surprised it isn't already. I guess mainstream radio in the US isn't quite as friendly to electronic and dance music as Europe is. If you like upbeat pop music with a dance/electronic twist, then check out La Roux.

No comments:

Post a Comment