Sunday, December 20, 2009

Playlist - Alicia Keys, Band Of Skulls

Alicia Keys - The Element Of Freedom

Alicia Keys' fourth album was released this week.  I've been a listener since The Diary Of Alicia Keys, and this album is just as good.  The album includes a duet with Beyoncé and an alternate version of Jay-Z's song Empire State Of Mind, which already featured Keys.  The single, Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart, is one of the standout tracks along with Empire State Of Mind (Part II) Broken Down.  The version that I purchased included two bonus tracks (Through It All, Pray For Forgiveness) and a bonus DVD.

Band Of Skulls - Baby Darling Doll Face Honey

This is the debut album from Band Of Skulls, an upcoming alt-rock band.  It's been out since April of this year, but I'm just now getting around to listening to it.  I already had the songs I Know What I Am and Blood, and now have the complete album.  They're sound is quite similar to The White Stripes, yet it doesn't sound like they're copying them.  Overall, a great album.

Plus a few singles...

Vampire Weekend - Horchata
Paramore - Where The Lines Overlap
Flyleaf - Swept Away

No comments:

Post a Comment