Wednesday, February 13, 2013

James Blake - Retrograde


I'll just go ahead and say it.  James Blake's new single is spectacular.  I can't stop listening to it and the entire situation is starting to become a problem.  The first step to recovery is admitting your problem... I'm addicted to James Blake.

But seriously, "Retrograde" definitely sits at the top of James' songwriting credits.  When I first heard the song, that abrupt clapping beat caught me off guard.  It sounded like something a little too dance-oriented.  I've since grown to love it, along with that melody, which honestly deserves a few dedicated paragraphs.  I won't go that far today.

You can watch the video for "Retrograde", directed by Martin de Thurah, below.  It's a bit spacey, in the literal sense.  James Blake's sophomore album, Overgrown, is scheduled to be released on April 8.  "Retrograde" is out now and available to download here .

No comments:

Post a Comment