Wednesday, June 25, 2014

School Of Seven Bells - I Got Knocked Down (But I'll Get Up)

On December 29 of last year, Benjamin Curtis passed away after battling T-Cell Lymphoblastic Lymphoma.  Prior to his diagnosis, School Of Seven Bells had been working on the follow-up record to 2012's GhostoryBenjamin continued to record his parts of the album while undergoing treatment and Alejandra Deheza has announced that she's finishing the album for release.

Today, Culture Collide premiered the video for School Of Seven Bells' cover of Joey Ramone's "I Got Knocked Down (But I'll Get Up)".  The single was Benjamin's final recording and it's a stunning and powerful piece.  Directed by Toby Halbrooks and Alan Del Rio Ortiz, the video opens with live footage of Benjamin and features desert scenes with Alejandra.  You can watch the video here or stream the song below.



"I Got Knocked Down (But I'll Get Up)" is available for download on iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment