Friday, September 6, 2013

Friday I'm In Love - 6/9/13


Friday I'm In Love is a weekly feature.
Highlights of what I loved over the past week.
Week = Friday to Friday.
May include things of a non-musical variety.

Katy Perry's "Roar" Video



I'm sure you've all heard Katy Perry's latest chart topping single.  Yes, "Roar" is officially a number one hit.  The track finally reached the top of the charts this week, knocking down Robin Thicke's creeper song.  The brand new music video is so far-fetched, goofy, and colorful that the end result is basically Katy's signature style.  We find the pop star stranded on a tropical island until she becomes that roaring queen of the jungle.  Her wacky facial expressions make it all worth while.  Plus, they've added literal tiger roars to the song. Pretty awesome if you ask me.

Porcelain Raft's Permanent Signal on white vinyl


I just wrote about Porcelain Raft's new album in this feature two weeks ago, but the stunning vinyl pictured above arrived in the mail a few days ago, courtesy of Secretly Canadian, and I had to share it on here.  Colored vinyl is the best and this one will go perfectly with my treasured white printing of Porcelain Raft's debut album.  Make sure you go check out Permanent Signal, along with the rest of Secretly Canadian's fantastic roster.

No comments:

Post a Comment