Friday, September 27, 2013

Friday I'm In Love - 27/9/13


Friday I'm In Love is a weekly feature.
It highlights what I loved over the past week.
Week = Friday to Friday.
May include things of a non-musical variety.

Madonna: Truth Or Dare

I rediscovered Madonna's 1991 documentary/concert hybrid film by chance when it was being shown on Palladia last night.  The film gives an inside look at the hype and controversy that came along with Madonna's 1990 Blond Ambition World Tour, both on the stage and off.  Whether it be the performances or Madonna's backstage antics, I find it all fascinating. Definitely watch it if you're into vain pop stars and "Vogue".  Check out a scene of Madge performing "Live To Tell" below and maybe even get the DVD or Blu-Ray.


The Vinyl Miracle At Goodwill


I'm a frequent visitor at every single local Goodwill store that I can find.  They sell vinyl records for a dollar each.  Sure it can be a torturous grab bag of Christmas music and Osmond standards, but every once in a while you find a treasure so unbelievable that it truly is incredible.  Earlier this week I learned that Belinda Carlisle spoke the truth.  Heaven really is a place on earth and it's in the form of a shady Goodwill store.  I stumbled upon some aged rocker's record collected that spanned across several decades of music.  This includes classic albums from Pink Floyd, John Lennon, Led Zeppelin, Joan Jett, Duran Duran, Bruce Springsteen, and so many more.  I would guess the odds of discovering this spectacle are similar to finding a Swede who doesn't make genius pop music.  It just doesn't happen.

This post almost arrived in the form of a Youtube haul video, beauty guru style.  Don't count out that idea for future treasure troves.  You've been warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment