Monday, January 13, 2014

Alex Ebert & Jared Leto Win At The Golden Globes


So who watched the Golden Globes last night?  I managed to make it through the entire show, with special thanks to Tina Fey and Amy Poehler's hosting duties for keeping it away from that boring "award show" territory.  There were actually quite a few pleasant surprises in the winners this year.  It wasn't the usual Clooney and Streep show.

Alex Ebert, of Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros, Ima Robot, and Alexander fame, won the "Best Original Score" award for his work on the Robert Redford fronted All Is Lost.  My cable box decided to momentarily break just before the category was announced, so I only managed to see Ebert walking off the stage as I shouted "That's Edward Sharpe!".  I still can't believe he actually won over Hans Zimmer or John Williams.  Everything about that is amazing.

Part time actor and 30 Seconds To Mars frontman Jared Leto also won, taking the "Best Supporting Actor" award for his role in Dallas Buyers Club.  I'm ashamed to say I still haven't seen the film and it sits at the top of my must-see list, but holy upsets Batman!  He beat Michael Fassbender and Bradley Cooper!  That makes two underdog musicians who managed to topple the big industry names.

Congrats to Golden Globe winners, Alex Ebert and Jared Leto!

2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen All is Lost, but GO SEE DALLAS BUYERS CLUB; you won't regret it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would've seen it opening weekend, but I can't find a single theatre within fifty miles that's showing it. Hopefully all of this award hype will convince them to get their act together and actually play it!

      Delete