Friday, August 7, 2009

Recent Finds

Here's a list of some music I've been listening to lately. Some of it's fairly new, while others have been out for a quite some time...

Haste The Day - Mad Men

First, let me say that this is a bit heavier than what I tend to listen to. With that put aside, I don't know why this song stands out. This song is from their album Dreamer, which came out last year. It's just an awesome metal song to head bang to.

Metric - Help I'm Alive

This song is from Metric's newest album, Fantasies. The song has a great beat to it. The beat kind of mimics the lyrics, "Help I'm alive. My heart keeps beating like a hammer." Overall the song has a pounding feel to it, which makes me keep coming back to it.

Anberlin - Feel Good Drag
Awesome Song. The verses are very smooth, and then BOOM, the chorus comes in. Feel Good Drag has an unusually catchy guitar riff which pops up through out the song. I had heard of Anberlin previously and was never really interested, but this song is great. It's from their newest album, New Surrender.

Paramore - Ignorance

I'm a huge Paramore fan, and their most recent single does not disappoint. Ignorance is from their upcoming album Brand New Eyes, which is released on Sept. 29, later this year. The song picks up directly where Riot! ended, with angst and emotion. The song is a combination of Fences (the chorus) and Misery Business (the verses), from their previous release.


There you have it, my list of recent finds in music. If you're interested, download a couple. You might even want to pick up an album. Hope you enjoy. If you feel like it, leave a comment with your opinions on the playlist and what your recent discoveries are.

1 comment:

  1. HI! I think that this is a pretty cool subjected blog. I'm not a blogger but who doesn't love music? Plus I love polls. WHO DOESN'T?!?! LOL :) Lady GaGa all the way. ( Out of those choices though ) ;)

    P.S I like Kelly Clarkson, Miley Cyrus, (many Disney people) NO JONAS ALLOWED THOUGH. NO EXCEPTIONS
    - Unknown Writer

    ReplyDelete