Friday, October 18, 2013

Friday I'm In Love - 18/10/13


Friday I'm In Love is a weekly feature
It highlights what I loved over the past week
Week = Friday to Friday
May include things of a non-musical variety

Limits Of Desire


I found out about Small Black through their "Breathless" music video. Something about it instantly caught my attention.  The Brooklyn four-piece released their second album earlier this year and I've honestly been obsessed with it over the last few days.  Limits Of Desire topples all of their "chillwave" competition.  They've managed to convey some emotion into a genre that's mostly praised as an atmospheric layer.  The entire record is fantastic and I only wish I found it sooner.

PAX AM Days


Is it 2005 again?  I never thought I'd be writing about Fall Out Boy in this day and age, but they just released a new album and it's actually pretty good. Yeah, I own four of their albums and a band tee, but that phase has been long gone for quite some time.  Well color me surprised when they released this low-fi punkish mini-album.  PAX AM Days is produced by Ryan Adams and was apparently recorded in two days.  At barely thirteen minutes long, it's a nice change from their radio hits.  You can stream the album below if your curiosity becomes overwhelming.



No comments:

Post a Comment