Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Playlist: Weezer, Muse, Rise Against & more

Muse - Absolution

I know it's been out for several years now, about six or seven to be exact, but I just now got around to listening to this album.  This might be my favorite Muse album, out of those that I've heard.  Some of the songs are just genius.  They really flow into each other, in a good way.  Butterflies & Hurricanes is by far my favorite song on the album.  The piano solo is epic.  Actually, the entire album is epic.

Rise Against - Appeal To Reason

This is another album that I just bought even though it has been out for over a year.  I previously had Siren Song Of The Counter Culture, and Appeal To Reason is completely different.  It's more alternative than punk.  "Siren Song" was much heavier.  I'm not sure which one I like more...

Weezer - (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To

I've actually been listening to the entire Raditude album, but this song is my favorite.  It's pop at it's finest.  I know Weezer has been considered more alt-rock in the past, but this song is pretty poppy.  You can't stop yourself from singing along, or at least I can't.

Here are a few more songs that have been in my head...

The Sounds - No One Sleeps When I'm Awake
Lady GaGa - Monster
La Roux - Tigerlily
Norah Jones - Man Of The Hour
You Me At Six - Gossip
Alicia Keys - Empire State Of Mind (Part II) Broken Down

What songs have you been loving lately?  Leave a comment with your current favorite songs or albums.

2 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to get that Raditude album. I love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lately, I love the song " Billie Jean" By Michael Jackson. I don't know why, I just listen to it a lot lately. I also like Selena Gomez's CD. I don't have it yet, but i think I'll buy it. It sounds good!

    ReplyDelete