Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Playlist - 30 Seconds To Mars, Madina Lake & more

30 Seconds To Mars - 30 Seconds To Mars

This is the band's debut album, which is extremely different from their other albums.  I already knew a lot of their songs from the "A Beautiful Lie" album, but had never heard any of the songs from their debut.  I guess it's less, mainstream?  There's less screaming from, singer, Jared Leto.  Overall, it can get kind of repetitive, but it's still pretty good.

Madina Lake - Welcome to Oblivion

This is the only song I've heard from them, so comment if you know some other good tracks from them.  I really like this one.  The chorus is great.

Lady GaGa - Speechless

Amazing song.  It's tremendously different from her usual pop songs.  A full review of her newest album is here.  Speechless shows off her songwriting abilities and vocal talent.  It's also my current favorite song to play on the piano, really good melody.

Vampire Weekend - Contra

The entire album is amazing.  Check out my full review here.  I have a feeling I'll be listening to this album for a long time.

Here's a couple more songs that you should listen to...

The Raveonettes - Last Dance
Bat For Lashes - Seal Jubilee
Chiodos - Two Birds Stoned At Once
Billy Boy On Poison - On My Way
AFI - Medicate

As always, comments are more than welcome.  Tell me what you've been listening to...

No comments:

Post a Comment