Monday, September 17, 2012

Lana Del Rey - Blue Velvet


Lana Del Rey has a lot on her plate.  Not only has she become the face of H&M and gained a partnership with Jaguar, but she also plans to re-release Born To Die as a Paradise Edition of the record.  However, Lana recently spoke to Vogue Australia stating that she would prefer to work in the film industry, partially due to her crippling stage fright.  She told the magazine, "Hopefully I will branch into film work and stay there. That will be my happy place. I'd like to stay in one place for a long time... I love to take care of the songs – that's my natural place – then, when I get on stage that's not my element-".  No confirmation on whether she's simply referring to composing or intends to try acting as well.


A clip of H&M's Autumn ad campaign, which you can watch in what looks like a choppy television rip above, features Lana modeling their merchandise while singing Bobby Vinton's "Blue Velvet".  The song, which may be included on the Born To Die re-release, will be available as a promo single on September 20th.  To hear the full cover, head this way.  The full length H&M ad will be out tomorrow and Born To Die: Paradise Edition is scheduled for November.

UPDATE:



Here's the full commercial, which features more of the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment