Friday, February 5, 2010

The Ettes - No Home

The Ettes are a rock band that formed in Los Angeles.  Their song, "No Home" has a garage rock feel to it, but with just the right amount of polish.  You can find this song on the band's album, Do You Want Power.  Singer, Lindsay "Coco" Hames has a very "in your face" voice.  She sounds kind of like someone from a different era slapped onto a rock song.  That may be a strange description, but it's pretty accurate in a bizarre way.  You might like this song if you liked "I Could Rob You" by Plastiscines from my previous post.  The two bands have a similar sound.  Plastiscines is just a little more touched-up and has more dance-pop elements to them.  You can compare the two songs if you'd like to, leave a comment and tell me which one you like more.  I think I like "I Could Rob You" more, just barely though.  Don't let that scare you away, you should definitely still check out this song...

No comments:

Post a Comment