Friday, February 26, 2010

Portugal. The Man - The Dead Dog

On March 2nd 2010, Portugal, The Man will release their fifth studio album, American Ghetto.  The opening song of this alternative rock album is "The Dead Dog".  I have to say, this is my first time listening to the band.  The song's a great first impression for me.  It has a solid beat with great guitar work on top of it.  The vocals of John Baldwin Gourley are also unique and grab your attention.  I believe the chorus has a descending chord progression, which separates it from the verses.  This pattern prevents the song from running on without any variety.  "The Dead Dog" is very refreshing in its genre.  I feel that the drum beat makes it sound bold and new.  Without it, the song would be completely different, and probably not as intriguing.  I would check out the song if you like Beck, The Bravery, and other similar alternative rock bands.  You can download the song, for free, on the band's website here.  I would definitely try it out.  What's to lose?

No comments:

Post a Comment