Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Butch Walker - Trash Day

Whether you know it or not, you've probably heard some of Butch Walker's music.  Butch Walker is not only a musician but also a producer.  He's produced albums by names as big as P!nk, Avril Lavigne, Katy Perry, Weezer, and more.  While he produced records by these artists, his music is a bit different.  "Trash Day" is the opening song on his fifth album, I Liked It Better When You Had No Heart.  I would consider the song pop-rock.  It has a constant use of an acoustic guitar and, what I believe to be, an organ.  The song's pretty solid, but it isn't spectacular.  I've definitely heard better from him, such as the material from his previous album, Sycamore Meadows, which I really enjoyed.  I would check out his new album, which just came out this week, if you liked his previous releases.  Don't expect a straight up pop record, because his production and recording careers are miles apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment